Dr David Tan
BCom (Hons), PhD (UNSW)
|Room Number:|| OMB 211
UNSW Aviation, The University of NSW, Sydney NSW 2052
David joined the School of Aviation in December 2011. He specialises in aviation finance/economics and econometric methods for aviation research. Having completed his PhD in Banking and Finance at the University of New South Wales, David held a Lecturer in Finance position at the Australian National University for 3 years until expanding his research interests towards aviation. His research interests include airline finance and economics, corporate governance, asset pricing, and applied econometrics. David is currently the Honours Program Convener.
AVIA1902 Airline Financial Analysis and Decision Support
AVIA5032 Quantitative Analysis for Aviation Research
- Douglas, I. & D.T. Tan, 2017, “Global Airline Alliances and Profitability: A Difference-in-Difference Analysis”, Transportation Research: Part A, forthcoming.
- Tsui, W.H.K., D.T. Tan, & S. Shi, 2016, “Impacts of Airport Traffic Volumes on House Prices of New Zealand’s Major Regions: A Panel Data Approach”, Urban Studies, forthcoming.
- Tan, D.T., T.R. Koo, D.T. Duval, & P.J. Forsyth, 2016, “A Method for Reducing Information Asymmetry in Destination-Airline Relationships”, Current Issues in Method and Practice, forthcoming.
- Tan, D.T. & W.H.K. Tsui, 2015, “Investigating Causality in International Air Freight and Business Travel: the Case of Australia”, Urban Studies, forthcoming.
- Tan D.T., L. Chapple, & K.D. Walsh, 2015, “Corporate Fraud Culture: Re-Examining the Corporate Governance and Performance Relation”, Accounting and Finance, forthcoming.
- Schultz E.L., D.T. Tan, & K.D. Walsh, 2015, “Corporate Governance and the Probability of Default”, Accounting and Finance, forthcoming.
- Chapple, L., V. Clout, & D.T. Tan, 2014, "Corporate Governance and Securities Class Actions", Australian Journal of Management, 39, 4, pp. 525-547.
- Humphrey, J.E. & D.T. Tan, 2014, "Does It Really Hurt to Be Responsible?" Journal of Business Ethics, 122, 3, pp. 375-386.
- Koo, T.R., D.T. Tan, & D.T. Duval, 2013, "Air Transport Capacity and Tourism Demand Interaction: A Vector Error Correction Model Approach", Journal of Air Transport Management, 28, May, pp. 14-19.
- Chapple, L. & D.T. Tan, 2012, "Corporate Fraud and Misconduct – Investigative and Regulatory Priorities", New Zealand Business Law Quarterly, March.
- Schultz, E.L., D.T. Tan, & K.D. Walsh, 2010, "Endogeneity and the Corporate Governance – Performance Relation", Australian Journal of Management, 35, 2, pp. 145-163.
- Walsh, K.D. & D.T. Tan, 2008, "Monetary Policy Surprises and the Australian Bank Bill Term Premium", Australian Journal of Management, 33, 2, pp. 231-260.