Applications are currently being accepted for entry into both undergraduate and postgraduate programs in Aviation at UNSW.
Australian Local and Australian Year 12 International Students are to submit their applications via the Universities Admissions Centre (UAC) for both the Management and Flying streams.
On-time applications close on Friday 29 September 2006. Late applications will incur a late fee.
In addition to the UAC application, Flying stream applicants are required to submit an internal application to the UNSW Aviation department. An interview will be scheduled upon receiving this internal application. The internal application form is available from the UNSW Aviation office.
As part of the application process for the Flying Stream, applicants are required to complete a Class 1 medical examination prior to enrolment. The medical examination is required to be completed by a Designated Aviation Medical Examiners (DAME). A full list of all medical examiners is available on the CASA website.
Before applicants can present for their medical examination, they are required to obtain an Aviation Reference Number (ARN). This ARN will become Pilot licence number and reference for all aspects of your aviation career. To obtain your ARN, please complete the following steps:
- Complete the ARN application from (available from UNSW Aviation or any CASA office)
- Attach a copy of one form of identification showing your full name and date of birth
- Submit the completed application and form of identification to your nearest CASA office
- Allow two (2) weeks for processing
- When you receive your ARN, take it with you when you present for your medical examination.
Management stream applicants are not required to attend the interview or complete the aviation medical examination.
There are three entry points all having varying entry requirements:
- Graduate Certificate in Aviation Management (program code 7448)
- Graduate Diploma in Aviation Management (program code 5678)
- Master of Science & Technology (Aviation) (program code 8738)
Once the online application has been submitted, applicants are to send certified copies of their supporting documentation (curriculum vitae, license, logbook, academic results, diplomas) to the Direct Admissions Office.
Direct Admissions Office
The University of New South Wales
Sydney, NSW 2052
Applications for entry into the postgraduate coursework programs close on the 31st January 2007.